Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kommentary on Obama 5

All:

I’m in a happy place now. I notice that Obama and his administration are simply focusing on the nitty-gritty of governance, and have stubbornly pushed forward his healthcare insurance reform agenda in spite of Republican stonewalling. Not sure whether they’ll produce actual legislative results this time around, but I voted for him so that they will pushback against rightwing with extreme vigor. This shows he’s got serious backbone. I’m not paying attention to the details of legislative proposals at this point. That would be like rooting for every sandcastle sitting on the edge of sea. I’ll wait till the tide recedes and we see what, if any, enduring monuments remain.

I voted for backbone in the service of the political priorities that the Democratic party stands for. So far, Obama has stayed the course.

Jim