Friday, December 24, 2004

fyi Six Million Firefox Browsers Downloaded

All:

Pointer to article:
http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=29229

Kobielus kommentary:
I downloaded Firefox late last week and made it my default browser. So far, so good. I switched away from IE not for security reasons. I switched to Firefox because I was so fed up with IE’s irritating behavior. A couple of months ago, I started getting those inexplicable “ads234” interstitials when visiting various webpages in IE. A couple of weeks ago, I started getting flaky bogus “page/file not found” messages when I clicked various links to pages/files that I know full well are there. Of course, there are the endless popups. And so on and so forth. I felt like I was losing my f***ing mind. So far, Firefox has restored some semblance of good behavior to my webtop. I have enough pressure in my life right now, from many corners. I seriously don't need my computer giving me a hard time too. Something’s gotta give. For me, IE gave. Sorry Microsoft. But, of course, I'm not sorry.

Jim